Summer ride through MO AR TN

Visited a nice place? Taken a great ride? Wonder where to go on your next ride? Check it out here!

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

toro8
Streetster
Streetster
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Summer ride through MO AR TN

Post by toro8 »

It is cold here and I am planning our summer tour from Kansas City to Chatanooga to Portland, Ind then to Kansas City. So I am looking for advice ride reports on Highway 63 in South Missouri and Arkansas. Highway 64 across Tennessee to the Lee highway North. They look good on my maps but first hand info would be appreciated.
John near KC
John near KC
David (N. Alabama)
Elite Tourer
Elite Tourer
Current bike(s): 2007 Kawasaki Mean Streak
2010 Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700
2011 Kawasaki Versys
2012 Kawasaki KLX250S
2010 Moto Guzzi V7 Café Classic
1975 Kawasaki KT250 Trials
2014 Triumph Trophy SE

Re: Summer ride through MO AR TN

Post by David (N. Alabama) »

Highway 64 from the Memphis area to Winchester, TN has been undergoing a lot of improvements over the past few years. More of the smaller towns are being bypassed and the road is becoming 4 lane most of the way with increased travelling speeds. Depending on your perspective that could be a good thing or a bad thing.

I has been over a year since I travelled the road, but back then there were still a lot of construction zones, but traffic was flowing well.
2010 Voyager 1700
toro8
Streetster
Streetster

Post by toro8 »

We like non interstate 4 lanes, less traffic somewhat slower speeds, but still able to cover ground.
John near KC
John near KC
dcmrn1959

Post by dcmrn1959 »

Just saw your post. I know I'm a little slow lol. Just a fyi. Highway 63 in Missouri is mostly two lane. A beautiful ride but can be very slow due to farm traffic and RV's. It's also a fairly busy road. Thought that might help. Dan
toro8
Streetster
Streetster

Post by toro8 »

Thanks for the info. Sometimes I think of the Voyager as an RV so it might fit in with a line of Winnebagos.
John near KC

Return to “Travel Reports, Ideas, Questions, Suggestions”