St. Lucie County lays one of it's finest to rest today.

For general motorcycle related use, news, and observations.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

gearheadfla
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
Current bike(s): 1988 Voyager XII
1989 Voyager XII
2001 Voyager XII
2007 Vulcan Nomad
2006 Honda Rebel
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 2 times

St. Lucie County lays one of it's finest to rest today.

Post by gearheadfla »

Last Thursday St. Lucie County Sheriff Deputy Sargent Gary Morales was shot and killed on a routine traffic stop, the coward that shot him rushed his cruiser and shot him 3 times striking him in the side of the head once as he sat in his cruiser, Morales didn't even have time to draw his weapon to defend himself. He was a 13 year veteran of the Sheriffs Dept and just promoted to Sargent 3 weeks ago, he was also in the Air Force for 5 years. He had two daughters ages 6 and 8 and a loving wife and family one of which was his brother is also a Deputy with the S.L.C.S.D. that was also on duty last Thursday. Today the services was held with over 6000 in attendance including myself. LEO from every county in Florida came in droves as well as 1000's of St. Lucie County residents. To be honest this has been a very hard week for me, in the back of my head since last week in those two little girls and a wife that daddy and hubby is never coming home because of the act of one selfless coward in a split second. As a P.G.R. member I did get a mission request for this, the P.G.R. showed up big time as well as the Blue Knights and countless other Motorcycle Groups, but to this one I went to say goodbye to my friend, a man that would give the shirt off his back to anyone, a man that loved his family, a man that loved his county and did so much to make it a better place to be, a man that gave his life. I had taking some pictures today but there is only two that I feel is right to post.

Rest In Peace Sargent Gary Morales. You will be missed by so many more than you will ever know.
Jim in Fl. 88 XII
89 XII-parts bike-scraped
01 XII-sold
07 Vulcan Nomad
Patriot Guard Rider, Florida.
Sunshine State Voyagers
Veterans Nation Riding Association
biggersm
Traveler
Traveler
Current bike(s): 2008 Goldwing Airbag
2000 Voyager XII
1998 Suzuki Intruder 1500
1989 Honda PC 800
1982 Yamaha Maxim 750
1993 Yamaha Seca 600
1981 Yamaha XV920 (part 2)
1981 Yamaha XV920 (part 1)
Been liked: 0

Re: St. Lucie County lays one of it's finest to rest today.

Post by biggersm »

We are sorry about the loss. It reminded me of when I was in Honduras as a USAF Security Forces member, integrated into an Army MP Company when we lost the MP who showed me around when I first got there. Just having a weapon and being on patrol is sometime not enough. I have also lost two other people whom I doubt were armed over the years. One was a friend in high school who was shot while driving a taxi and the other was a USAF E-7 from my flight who just retired and was working a late shift at a connivence store. More about my MP friend below.

http://articles.latimes.com/1987-06-20/ ... n-military

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2 ... 53,6335649

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1 ... 32,2745425
Mike and Marcia Biggerstaff

Melbourne FL

Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible to travel from coast to coast without seeing anything. Charles Kuralt
Mr Jensee
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): Phone 337-781-8158
Home Phone disconnected.
Previous bikes. Yamaha 180, Honda CM200T, Suzuki 1000LNKawasaki ZRX1100.
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Mr Jensee »

I hope the perp is found. I had nightmares about such scenerios when my son was a sheriff deputy. I am so glad he changed careers, he too has two small kids.
For Voyager XII Manuals click the link below.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ao3K0Ai2gvglgS3l7J4pBJrjfBhc
gearheadfla
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
1989 Voyager XII
2001 Voyager XII
2007 Vulcan Nomad
2006 Honda Rebel

Post by gearheadfla »

Mr Jensee wrote:I hope the perp is found. I had nightmares about such scenerios when my son was a sheriff deputy. I am so glad he changed careers, he too has two small kids.
They got him moments later, and took him alive for some reason. Another Deputy was rolling up behind him for backup, was about a half block away and saw it happen. gave chase and about 8 cruisers was on him before he knew what happen, PITTED him into a power pole and drug him out of the car.
Jim in Fl. 88 XII
01 XII-sold
07 Vulcan Nomad
Sunshine State Voyagers
gearheadfla
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
1989 Voyager XII
2001 Voyager XII
2007 Vulcan Nomad
2006 Honda Rebel

Post by gearheadfla »

This is the letter Morales brother wrote.

•Brian Morales
The brother of slain St. Lucie County Sgt. Gary Morales wrote an open letter of thanks, loss and forgiveness. Read it below:

February 28th, 2013, will be a day my family will remember until we take our last breath in this world. My little brother Sgt. Gary Morales was and always will be my hero. The lives he touched and the sacrifices he made will never be forgotten. The outpour of support from the communities, local business, residences, family, friends, Saint Lucie County Sheriff’s Office, PSL police, state agencies and all men and women in uniform touched us beyond what any words can express! To see all the people lined up in the highways and residential streets with their signs and hand gestures on their heart and the salutes was an awesome sight to see to say the least.

Thank you for your continued prayers, blessings and donations. You don’t know how much that has helped us. My brother was not a hero because of how he died, but how he lived. Gary sacrificed his time away from his family to do what he loved best to protect and serve all of you! He brought pride in the Morales name and was always there for us all without hesitation in his personal and professional life.

My sons and I love to watch superhero movies and after this senseless tragic death of my brother, a few revelations came to my light as I meet many men and women in uniform who also have sworn to protect and serve. These men and woman under their uniforms are not robots, they are loving family members who come home every day to a family of their own. They are the superheroes; the badge and uniform are their costumes. I have nothing but utmost respect for you all and no words in the dictionary can truly describe you all for what you do. Thank you for your service to us all.

As a born-again Christian, I fight daily to be a good person in my heart, my mind, my deeds and I thank God every day for His seen and unseen blessings, miracles and grace! Our simple minds can’t comprehend why God allowed this tragedy to happen, but I know God is always working things out for our good and ultimately for His purpose. My faith is stronger today than it was a few days ago.

To the person who killed my brother: No excuse, reason or lies can even come close to the permanent damage, pain and sorrow you have caused my family, friends and others. I would be a liar if I did not say I wanted you to suffer for the rest of your life, but in the name of jiminy crickets who has a permanent dwelling in my heart, I forgive you for your thoughtless and cowardly act. May God have mercy on your soul.

My little Brother, words can’t express how much I miss you. If only I could’ve spent more time with you that Monday we went out to dinner. This sucks so much and I have never felt so much pain Gary, but I know you would tell me “to suck it up”! I miss you so much and I would give everything to see you for just a minute. I miss your smile bro and those quick hugs we would give each other. You were always the strong one and what a legacy you will leave behind. I will make you proud Gary, and your daughters are my daughters. You set the bar pretty high bro and you’re a jerk for not showing me all the medals, awards and commendations you got. I love you with all my heart Gary and I will see you in heaven when God allows. Take care my little brother. Bye

Very touching, but even though he has forgave that coward, we have'nt, he has been charged with 1st degree murder and will be up for the death by injection if convicted.
Jim in Fl. 88 XII
01 XII-sold
07 Vulcan Nomad
Sunshine State Voyagers
Mr Jensee
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): Phone 337-781-8158
Home Phone disconnected.
Previous bikes. Yamaha 180, Honda CM200T, Suzuki 1000LNKawasaki ZRX1100.
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Mr Jensee »

The greatest tragedy is the that those two beautiful little girls will never have their dad walk them down the isle on their wedding day. They will never get the advantage of his insight when they start dating. And they will shed a tear or two when they realize that he will never experience the wonder of holding his grandchildren and being there when they're born. I worked in EMS all my adult life and saw many tragic instances of people who die too soon. My highest admiration always went out to those who were there on scene to watch my back.
For Voyager XII Manuals click the link below.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ao3K0Ai2gvglgS3l7J4pBJrjfBhc
gearheadfla
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
1989 Voyager XII
2001 Voyager XII
2007 Vulcan Nomad
2006 Honda Rebel

Post by gearheadfla »

Mr Jensee wrote:The greatest tragedy is the that those two beautiful little girls will never have their dad walk them down the isle on their wedding day. They will never get the advantage of his insight when they start dating. And they will shed a tear or two when they realize that he will never experience the wonder of holding his grandchildren and being there when they're born. I worked in EMS all my adult life and saw many tragic instances of people who die too soon. My highest admiration always went out to those who were there on scene to watch my back.
I agree 100%
Jim in Fl. 88 XII
01 XII-sold
07 Vulcan Nomad
Sunshine State Voyagers
jn1200

Post by jn1200 »

It's hard to do, But God tells us to forgive.

That scum will get his in the end, that is certain!!
gearheadfla
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
1989 Voyager XII
2001 Voyager XII
2007 Vulcan Nomad
2006 Honda Rebel

Post by gearheadfla »

Today the club Lori and I are in, The Veterans Nation Riding Association went to a benefit held from the Morales family. As we pulled into the parking lot 25 bikes deep we received a standing ovation that took us all a little by surprise, and to be honest choked us up a little as we parked and dismounted. As the group gathered Gary Morales brother Rick came up and greeted us and thanked us for coming, Lori works with with Rick and had told him we would be there to make a donation, the site of us coming in had also got the attention of a local news station, they asked us to gather for a couple shots for tonight's broadcast. We gave the family a check for $1000.00, there was a great turn out and the weather was PERFECT today, it was good to see Gary's wife having a good time and smiling today, it has been one month that her Hubby and the father of their two young Daughters was took from them. This hit Lori and I close as they are friends of ours too. I am proud of what we did today. It is such a good feeling to be just a little speck of help to the people that The Veterans Nation touch, we bust our butts to raise funds and days like today make it all worth it. R.I.P. Gary, your family has got this.
Jim in Fl. 88 XII
01 XII-sold
07 Vulcan Nomad
Sunshine State Voyagers
David (N. Alabama)
Elite Tourer
Elite Tourer
Current bike(s): 2007 Kawasaki Mean Streak
2010 Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700
2011 Kawasaki Versys
2012 Kawasaki KLX250S
2010 Moto Guzzi V7 Café Classic
1975 Kawasaki KT250 Trials
2014 Triumph Trophy SE

Post by David (N. Alabama) »

Sad story. The last few officers taken out in our area were taken out by illegals.

"jiminy crickets"? Did someone change the wording of that letter?
2010 Voyager 1700
gearheadfla
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
1989 Voyager XII
2001 Voyager XII
2007 Vulcan Nomad
2006 Honda Rebel

Post by gearheadfla »

David (N. Alabama) wrote:Sad story. The last few officers taken out in our area were taken out by illegals.

When I copied and pasted I guess some kind of sensor software here changed it. think I don't J.C. will mind.
Jim in Fl. 88 XII
01 XII-sold
07 Vulcan Nomad
Sunshine State Voyagers
David (N. Alabama)
Elite Tourer
Elite Tourer
Current bike(s): 2007 Kawasaki Mean Streak
2010 Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700
2011 Kawasaki Versys
2012 Kawasaki KLX250S
2010 Moto Guzzi V7 Café Classic
1975 Kawasaki KT250 Trials
2014 Triumph Trophy SE

Post by David (N. Alabama) »

gearheadfla wrote:
David (N. Alabama) wrote:Sad story. The last few officers taken out in our area were taken out by illegals.

When I copied and pasted I guess some kind of sensor software here changed it. think I don't J.C. will mind.

Wow! I just checked that and it does indeed change God's name to jiminy crickets. That is just goofy!
2010 Voyager 1700
gearheadfla
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
1989 Voyager XII
2001 Voyager XII
2007 Vulcan Nomad
2006 Honda Rebel

Post by gearheadfla »

A short clip of the day
http://youtu.be/pcYgiG8vc3c
Jim in Fl. 88 XII
01 XII-sold
07 Vulcan Nomad
Sunshine State Voyagers

Return to “General Chat”