Black Plastic Removal on Saddlebags

For general motorcycle related use, news, and observations.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

MalamuteMike
Cruiser
Cruiser
Current bike(s): 1998 Voyager
1995 Voyager Born 1995 Died 17 July 2011
1983 750 CSR
1987 750 Ninja, a 20+ year rebuild that will never get finished in my life time!!!
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Black Plastic Removal on Saddlebags

Post by MalamuteMike »

I was wanting to know how you remove the stainless steel/aluminum strips and the black plastic off the saddlebags, :hmm: I am doing a complete color change on the bike.
You need to find humor in a train wreck!
And I have had to find humor in my/our train wrecks through life!!
snowbound
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 1996 voyager
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: Black Plastic Removal on Saddlebags

Post by snowbound »

For the black plastic removal first remove the tail lights, second look inside the saddle bag you will find a little black screw remove that its the only thing that holds the piece in place so don't lose it, next slide the black strip forward and off work it slowly it comes off easy..

For the stainless trim its just held on by pressure to remove it start at the front tapping down very gently while holding pressure it, there are pressure points about every 4" .

The trim around the back tail light I thing there is a screw to remove on the back side of the bag also take your time they come off fairly easy.

Tip for painting prep where those pressure points are that hold the stainless trim on I highly recommend you tape around them as not to get paint build up or they will bring tears to your eyes as you go to reinstall the trim as watch your new paint come chipping off (don't ask how I know)

If I Ever paint mine again I would tape very carefully over them rather than remove them ...... GOOD LUCK

Return to “General Chat”