A New iPod

This is for general posts and questions concerning only the Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700 V-Twin.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

billmel1
Current bike(s): 2012 1700 Voyager ABS
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

A New iPod

Post by billmel1 »

I just bought a new 2012 Voyager and purchased the iPod cable set. Plugged my older iPod classic and it doesn't work. The ipod is about 5 years old, do I need a newer model to interface with the bike and if so will an ipod classic or a Nano work?
Discovery
Current bike(s): 2013 Kawasaki Voyager 1700

Re: A New iPod

Post by Discovery »

Strange! I have the 2012 Voyager also. I also have the older ipod and it has worked just fine. Just to be sure, it needs to be charged to work. I found this out the hard way. I thought if you just plugged it in it would start right up. NOOO. Took several min.s of riding to charge it back up. If the ipod is working off the bike it should work with the bike. Good luck!!
Pathfinder117
jhellman
Cruiser
Cruiser
Current bike(s): 2009 Voyager

Post by jhellman »

I have a 2009 and my iPod Classic didn't consistently work well due to the internal hard drive. I don't think it liked the bumps, but it did work after being reset. Several times reseting, I moved to a iPod Nano (not the small ones of today) which works flawlessly.
Joe Hellman
Central Point, OR
HMB Don
Past Board Member
Past Board Member
Current bike(s): 2012 Voyager 1700
Been liked: 81 times

Post by HMB Don »

I also have an older Ipod, a hand me down from my son. The screen is broken so you can't read what's playing. But when plugged into my 1700 it works great. It did until last week when the Ipod died.
Don Medina
NorCal Voyagers Club

2012 Voyager 1700
bamabikerdoc
Current bike(s): 2010 Voyager ABS

Post by bamabikerdoc »

I had a 2009 Voyager and had no problem with my older iPod. When I got a 2010 Voyager, the iPod did not work intermittently. Kawasaki replaced the cable and eventually the stereo. That did not help. I finally bought a new Nano. It has worked fine for the past year. While anything from 4th generation on should work, it is not the case. Get the newest iPod.
bobber
Current bike(s): 09 Voyager
00 ZRX 1100 (just because)

Post by bobber »

I have an 09 and my nano circa 09 work great together

Return to “General - Voyager 1700 V-Twin”