Northwest riders

Visited a nice place? Taken a great ride? Wonder where to go on your next ride? Check it out here!

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

Terros
Cruiser
Cruiser
Current bike(s): 2004 VTX1300R
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Northwest riders

Post by Terros »

Very new to the group, was wondering who is living where in the NW?
I and my wife are just outside Lethbridge, Alberta :windy:

So.maybe there are folks in, or out of Alberta but not too far away. Someone had asked where I lived, but lost the thread and if they replied. Could maybe schedule weekend meet and greet in US or CAN.

Like say Ron in Oregon just for an example. Could meet half way between or so, have an area ride, dinner, etc you get the idea. Northern Id., Mt., or Wa., have great riding.

Anyway just a thought. :hmm:
Bob
Live dying or Die living
debron
Past Board Member
Past Board Member
Current bike(s): 1995 Voyager XII
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Northwest riders

Post by debron »

. . . maybe in summer! :gig: I don't ride far away in winter and only then on reasonably dry days. In fact, I didn't ride at all in December and not yet in January. . . :hmm:
Ron in Oregon
AVA Webmaster ("master" is optimistic!)
AVA Board Member
1995 Voyager XII
Terros
Cruiser
Cruiser

Post by Terros »

Thanks Ron, if you were riding up here you would be by yourself. :wnk2:
We got up to about 5c today, or about 41. When I lived in Boardman Or, that was about as cold as I would ride to work .

Problem now is spots of ice the size of a football field all over the place. It will likely be mid Feb or early March before we get out for a ride. Hoping to make it to Glacier this summer, also would like to get to Fort Bragg, Ca on the California coast. my son and his wife and son just moved there.

Later
Bob
Live dying or Die living
debron
Past Board Member
Past Board Member
Current bike(s): 1995 Voyager XII
Been liked: 1 time

Post by debron »

Bob,

Somewhere around the end of June, (26th, 27th (??)) I'll be riding down the coast of Oregon to California, picking up Hwy 1 to ride down to Half Moon Bay to meet up with other NorCal Voyagers for the Sea-to-Sea ride from the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean and then to the rally in Asheville, NC. I will be passing right through Fort Bragg. If you can make the timing work we could ride together!
Ron in Oregon
AVA Webmaster ("master" is optimistic!)
AVA Board Member
1995 Voyager XII
Terros
Cruiser
Cruiser

Post by Terros »

Hi Ron, I guess there is something I need to turn on as I didn't get an email that you had written. :thk:
That might work, will have to wait and see how time plays out. Don't know if you have been through Fort Bragg before, great riding just watch for the people that stop on the highway to take pictures. :tho:
Many movies were made in Fort Bragg, Summer of 42 was made there when I was in the Coast Guard, Shane, The Russians are coming and Overboard.

Are they going through Reno or Las Vegas?
Anyway, will check things out and see what T I need to cross
Bob
Live dying or Die living

Return to “Travel Reports, Ideas, Questions, Suggestions”