Galena/Savannah Ill.

Visited a nice place? Taken a great ride? Wonder where to go on your next ride? Check it out here!

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

kawman12
Cruiser
Cruiser
Current bike(s): 2012 Kawasaki Voyager 1700
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Galena/Savannah Ill.

Post by kawman12 »

I am planning a trip to the Galena/Savannah area around the 4th of July and am looking for input as to "must see" and "must ride" suggestions.
i know the Midwest Rally was in Savannah a few years ago, so someone must have some input. Looking for the scenic roads and vistas. Also looking for input on motel/hotels in the area.
Dion
Traveler
Traveler
Current bike(s): 2006 Goldwing 1800 1989 Honda Pacific Coast 800
Been liked: 0

Re: Galena/Savannah Ill.

Post by Dion »

A stop at Poopys is a must in Savannah some good riding roads in that area are as follows Blackjack, Scenic Ridge , Scenic Bluff, West & East Hanover, Massbach, Stagecoach, and many more maybe a ride up to New Diggings Wi. for lunch on the weekend to Antons If I knew what my plans were for then I could hook up with you and take you for a ride and show you some good riding. I have road almost every paved road in that area for years I was born in that part of IL. still like going over there and riding Dirty Gurt's another place to eat in Galena W.Council Hill Rd. another good ride. As your trip gets closer let me know would love to show you around My brother lives over that way in Lean IL. and im sure he would also would like to go for a ride.
President Wisconsin Badgerland Voyagers member Illinois Prairie Voyagers, American Voyager Association Bikes 2006 Honda GL 1800 Goldwing / 89 Honda PC. 800 In God We Trust
Dion
Traveler
Traveler

Post by Dion »

President Wisconsin Badgerland Voyagers member Illinois Prairie Voyagers, American Voyager Association Bikes 2006 Honda GL 1800 Goldwing / 89 Honda PC. 800 In God We Trust
kawman12
Cruiser
Cruiser
Current bike(s): 2012 Kawasaki Voyager 1700
Been liked: 1 time

Post by kawman12 »

Thanks Dion! there will be 4 couples going (2 Voyagers & 2 Harleys) and I plan a stop in New Glarus also (got to tour the brewery that makes Spotted Cow!). As plans get established I can let you know. It's always nice to find a tour guide that knows their way around.
Mike
Dion
Traveler
Traveler

Post by Dion »

No Problem :thmup:

Return to “Travel Reports, Ideas, Questions, Suggestions”