Classic and Vintage Motorcycle show

For general motorcycle related use, news, and observations.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

lockwoodjohn
Traveler
Traveler
Current bike(s): 1995 Kawasaki 1200 Voyager VII
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Classic and Vintage Motorcycle show

Post by lockwoodjohn »

Hi Everyone,
On Saturday, Aug. 02 I rode the Voyager up to Hammonsport, NY. At the Glenn Curtis Museum they had Curtis Motorcycle weekend. On display were dozens of classic and vintage bikes, From BSA to BMW and everything else in between. Hundreds of people rode their bikes
to the event. Out of all the bikes there I saw ONE - 1 Kawasaki Voyager.The style like we all have. It was my bike, I did not see one other '86 to '03 Voyager there. One rider on a 1700 Voyager said he had one like ours but sold it to get the 1700. I have to say, I was surprised!
It was kinda cool, Alot of people took pictures of the bike quite a few didn't realize what model
it was and that Kawasaki even made a bike like it. I GUESS WE HAVE UNIQUE MOTORCYCLES

lockwoodjohn
Me Again
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): 1988 1300 Voyager
Been liked: 223 times

Re: Classic and Vintage Motorcycle show

Post by Me Again »

One rider on a 1700 Voyager said he had one like ours but sold it to get the 1700. I have to say, I was surprised!
Don't be surprised.
Every one on this site that has made the switch claims the 1700 Voyager is the better more comfortable motorcycle and are glad they made the switch.
lockwoodjohn
Traveler
Traveler
Current bike(s): 1995 Kawasaki 1200 Voyager VII
Been liked: 0

Post by lockwoodjohn »

I am not surprised that everyone who went to the 1700 likes it. I was surprised there were no other older Voyagers there, Just one..... Mine.
Lockwoodjohn
Relics
Cruiser
Cruiser
Current bike(s): 1988 Kawasaki Voyager
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Relics »

I flat out love my 1988 Voyager. Everyone is so surprised that it is a Kawasaki and NOT a Honda Goldwing.
Me Again
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): 1988 1300 Voyager
Been liked: 223 times

Post by Me Again »

Relics wrote:I flat out love my 1988 Voyager. Everyone is so surprised that it is a Kawasaki and NOT a Honda Goldwing.
I feel the same way about my 86 1300,but ,If opportunity knocked and the money tree was in bloom ,I would have to seriously consider a 1700 .

Return to “General Chat”