Battery Tender

Have questions about how to use these forums or the AVA Classified Ads section? Ask here, or obtain helpful hints in using the features (you must be registered to post on any of the forums, or the Classified Ads). For all other questions, please use one of the forums below.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

bobingeorgia
Cruiser
Cruiser
Current bike(s): 1989 Honda Pacific Coast
2011 Honda CBR250R
2002 Voyager XII
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Battery Tender

Post by bobingeorgia »

My 89 Honda PC has one and I keep it connected to electrical outlet when parked on garage. There is only the cord extending from trunk, no external little trickle charge box.. It has that funny little connector and plugs to another directly to wall. I assume the box is located somewhere under the Tupperwear.

How can I install a similar device on my XII without the box showing?

Thanks
God Bless
Bob
doug of so fla
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
Current bike(s): 07 gold wing
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Battery Tender

Post by doug of so fla »

Not sure what "Box" you are referring to?

Normally you would just have the pigtail hooked to the battery and then your battery maintainer or charger can be plugged into it (away from M/C), with a matching connector. Imho, not a good idea to have actual charger/ maintainer mounted on bike,You can't moniter it and if it has a failure you want it in a safe place not near the mc or anything that could cause a severe problem.
doug of no fla
debron
Past Board Member
Past Board Member
Current bike(s): 1995 Voyager XII
Been liked: 1 time

Re: Battery Tender

Post by debron »

The "box" of a battery-maintainer such as a "Battery Tender Jr" is the piece plugged into the wall. From there it's just a wire running to the bike where you would have a pigtail coming from your battery and the two plug together.

Ron in Oregon
AVA Webmaster ("master" is optimistic!)
AVA Board Member
1995 Voyager XII

Return to “Forum/Classified Ads Use Questions”