Communication system compatiabilty Voyager 2011

Got a tech tip for Vulcan Voyager 1700's from your personal experiences, or one complete with pictures and instructions, here's where to post it. You can also ask about tips or procedures here.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

martingjohnson
Current bike(s): Kawasaki 1700 Voyager
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Communication system compatiabilty Voyager 2011

Post by martingjohnson »

Hi, I have a 2011 Voyager here in the UK and I am looking to purchase the Kawasaki communication system however here in Europe, Kawasaki do not offer the CB Radio Kit K10400-37 as an option.

My question is if I were to purchase the complete Kawasaki Communication system including the CB radio kit from the USA would it be compatible and work as an integrated system on my bike here in the UK?

Thank you and safe riding folks :0-)
hank43
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
Current bike(s): 2009 Vulcan Voyager Now A
Champion Trike
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Communication system compatiabilty Voyager 2011

Post by hank43 »

martingjohnson wrote:Hi, I have a 2011 Voyager here in the UK and I am looking to purchase the Kawasaki communication system however here in Europe, Kawasaki do not offer the CB Radio Kit K10400-37 as an option.

My question is if I were to purchase the complete Kawasaki Communication system including the CB radio kit from the USA would it be compatible and work as an integrated system on my bike here in the UK?

Thank you and safe riding folks :0-)
It's confusing, might want to read this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CB_radio_i ... ed_Kingdom" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Never meddle in the affairs of a dragon, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
HMB Don
Past Board Member
Past Board Member
Current bike(s): 2012 Voyager 1700
Been liked: 81 times

Post by HMB Don »

Hank

Thanks for the info
Don Medina
NorCal Voyagers Club

2012 Voyager 1700
hank43
Grand Tourer
Grand Tourer
Current bike(s): 2009 Vulcan Voyager Now A
Champion Trike
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Post by hank43 »

HMB Don wrote:Hank

Thanks for the info
martingjohnson;
The more I read this URL, the more confused I get - over the years starting in 1978. 5 different frequencies/bands and 2 modulation types have been proposed or actually used. At one point, a special license/endorsement was required and a special tax proposed to use it! Does anyone really know if CB is legal in the UK, and if so, what band? What are the Harley's? Any HAMS out there that might have a contact in the UK?

hank43
Never meddle in the affairs of a dragon, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
Mapper
Current bike(s): 2011 Voyager 1700
Been liked: 0

Post by Mapper »

I would contact Kawasaki UK and ask. I would also contact HD to see what they're using for frequency.

Mapper

Return to “Tech Tips - Voyager 1700 V-Twin”