Recall

Got a tech tip for Vulcan Voyager 1700's from your personal experiences, or one complete with pictures and instructions, here's where to post it. You can also ask about tips or procedures here.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

Carlbla
Current bike(s): 2012 kawasaki vulcan voyager
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Recall

Post by Carlbla »

Just wondering if everyone's getting the recall notice for the ign wiring under the tank got mine Monday
David (N. Alabama)
Elite Tourer
Elite Tourer
Current bike(s): 2007 Kawasaki Mean Streak
2010 Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager 1700
2011 Kawasaki Versys
2012 Kawasaki KLX250S
2010 Moto Guzzi V7 Café Classic
1975 Kawasaki KT250 Trials
2014 Triumph Trophy SE

Re: Recall

Post by David (N. Alabama) »

Since mine was repaired by a Honda dealer while on a trip, and reimbursed by Kawasaki, i'm not sure if I am eligible for the recall. Will want to know what the fix looks like.

My situation could have been very dangerous had I been on a busy interstate when the main fuse blew.
2010 Voyager 1700
jhellman
Cruiser
Cruiser
Current bike(s): 2009 Voyager

Post by jhellman »

Mine showed up on Friday.
Joe Hellman
Central Point, OR
rock42
Cruiser
Cruiser
Current bike(s): 2015 Kawasaki voyager
1995 Harley dyna wide glide
1975 Goldwing
1982 goldwing interstate

Post by rock42 »

mine for my 2015 showed up a week ago and my dealer says he has parts on ordere will call when it arrives
Superdave54
Streetster
Streetster
Current bike(s): 2012 Voyager
1980 Goldwing Standard

Post by Superdave54 »

Just got mine back from the recall repairs. Dealer had to inspect it first, then order the appropriate parts kit. According to the dealer, there are several parts kits. One kit only has the wiring covering, in case there is no or slight chafing. The other kit, used if any wire insulation were worn through, includes a harness section and covering. In some cases, a new ignition switch would also be needed. Instead of two visits, I just had them keep the bike. They had the parts in four days.

Mine had no chafing. I knew that because I had the dealer inspect it when they changed my coolant to Engine Ice. I asked if I could skip the recall, but they said absolutely not. Because of liabilities, it was required. I called Kawasaki Customer Service to confirm. They said that if the recall was not performed, and some related damage occurred because the recall was not performed, I could be on my own for cost of repairs and other liabilities. Since it cost me nothing, other than a little trouble with a drop off and pick up, it seemed a no-brainer. Plus, since I picked it up on a nice day, I took the really long way home.
"Better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt".

Return to “Tech Tips - Voyager 1700 V-Twin”