Bike Cover - never lose the bag again

Got a tech tip for Voyager 12's from your personal experiences, or one complete with pictures and instructions, here's where to post it. You can also ask about tips or procedures here.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

Grumpy
Cruiser
Cruiser
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Bike Cover - never lose the bag again

Post by Grumpy »

After losing the bag a few times, my bike cover came in, here's what I figured out to do - Sew it to the cover.

#1 – Turn the bag & the cover inside out
#2 – Locate a vertical seam on the rear of the cover by the top trunk
#3 - Sewing along a vertical seam in the bag, to a vertical seam on the cover, sew the inside-out bag upside-down (the opening down), so that the bag opening is just a bit above the bottom edge of the cover. (Don’t forget to lock-stitch the seam)

Bingo bango bongo – you’re done. Now when you put the cover on your bike, the bag will be hidden inside the cover, by the top trunk, and you’ll always have it. To store the cover back into the bag, pull the front of the cover over the windshield, and then begin at the top-trunk, stuffing the cover into the bag as you now turn it right-side out.
Dbb3
Cruiser
Cruiser

Re: Bike Cover - never lose the bag again

Post by Dbb3 »

Does anyone have a good suggestion as to where to purchase a bike cover for the Voyager?
Made the mistake of buying one where they assured me it would fit "all big bikes".

They lied. :bat:
Scott-(Altoona, PA)
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): 2001 Voyager XII
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 121 times

Post by Scott-(Altoona, PA) »

Dbb3 wrote:Does anyone have a good suggestion as to where to purchase a bike cover for the Voyager?
Made the mistake of buying one where they assured me it would fit "all big bikes".
Dbb3,
My kids got me one for Fathers day and it fits perfect (of course I did the shopping to ease their pain). Got it on eBay for $27.99 +12.99 s/h. Comes with a bag and is a "Buy it Now" item, which means no bidding Just order!
Sold by "DuraShield Covers" their store is http://stores.ebay.com/DuraShield-Covers, I'm not selling for them just know that it does in deed fit and I haven't found any issues with it to date. NO fancy labels or print on it (no HD wings), just a cover. Description reads:
"Lined Motorcycle Cover - Harley Davidson Road King 3D
Lifetime Warranty! Fits Full Dress Touring Bike models
"
The only time involved is lowering the antena before tossing on the cover and hooking the bungee cords!

I'm sure there are others too that you'll hear about, good luck!
Mid-Atlantic Voyagers chapter secretary {"scribe"}
2001 Voyager XII
We may not know them all, but we owe them all! Thank a Veteran today!
Dbb3
Cruiser
Cruiser

Post by Dbb3 »

Scott-(Altoona, PA) wrote:
Dbb3 wrote:Does anyone have a good suggestion as to where to purchase a bike cover for the Voyager?
Dbb3,
My kids got me one for Fathers day and it fits perfect (of course I did the shopping to ease their pain). Got it on eBay for $27.99 +12.99 s/h. Comes with a bag and is a "Buy it Now" item, which means no bidding Just order!
Sold by "DuraShield Covers" their store is http://stores.ebay.com/DuraShield-Covers, I'm not selling for them just know that it does in deed fit and I haven't found any issues with it to date. NO fancy labels or print on it (no HD wings), just a cover. Description reads:
"Lined Motorcycle Cover - Harley Davidson Road King 3D
Lifetime Warranty! Fits Full Dress Touring Bike models
"
The only time involved is lowering the antena before tossing on the cover and hooking the bungee cords!

I'm sure there are others too that you'll hear about, good luck!
Thanks Scott..looks exactly what I need.
Dan
Scott-(Altoona, PA)
King of the Road
King of the Road
Current bike(s): 2001 Voyager XII
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 121 times

Post by Scott-(Altoona, PA) »

Dbb3 wrote:Thanks Scott..looks exactly what I need.Dan
That's what you get when your a member of this great and vast family of friends!
Sure wish I could make it to the family reunion this weekend :cry2:
Mid-Atlantic Voyagers chapter secretary {"scribe"}
2001 Voyager XII
We may not know them all, but we owe them all! Thank a Veteran today!

Return to “Tech Tips - Voyager XII (1200 Four)”