fuse blocks

Got a tech tip for Voyager 12's from your personal experiences, or one complete with pictures and instructions, here's where to post it. You can also ask about tips or procedures here.

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

biker-rev
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

fuse blocks

Post by biker-rev »

does anyone have any thoughts and ideas about fuse blocks, like; where you would get one, where would you put it on the bike, etc, etc....
thanks for any help
Mark (biker-rev) :hmm:
Chris near Kansas City
Elite Tourer
Elite Tourer
Been liked: 1 time

Re: fuse blocks

Post by Chris near Kansas City »

Some folks have used the factory fuse block off of a wrecked/salvaged Xii for an aux block. I've seen some mounted on the RH frame rail, next to the battery

Others, such as myself, have purchased an aux block from various places and ziptied it to the top of the ignitor.

I have been told that this particular block can be purchased at NAPA for around $9, but I haven't verified it firsthand. I paid $13 for mine from a streetrod parts house. Can't recall for sure, but I think they are only rated for around 60 amps total??? But that should be plenty. If you started adding enough doodads that you excede the aux box capacity, you're probably way past max on your alternator output also. In other words, if you add a bunch of stuff that requires a 15 or 20 amp fuse protection, then those items, more than likely, draw quite a bit of power and the stock alternator can only do so much. Anyway, that being said, it sure cleaned up the rats nest of wires that I had connected to the battery.

If you decide this is the direction you want to go, I'm pretty sure I have a new one somewhere already to go including the red primary wire. The connectors on the wire have been crimped, soldiered and heat shrink sealed, and with some convoluted tubing on it also. In other words, the wire will probably outlast anything else on the bike, LOL. $20 and I can snail mail it to you.

This is what you'd be getting:

Chris
"You only live twice, or so it seems. One life for yourself and one for your dreams...." Nancy Sinatra

"If a man made it, a man can fix it." - Steve in Sunny Fla
biker-rev

Post by biker-rev »

hey chris thanks for the info & pics, i appreaciate it.
mark (biker-rev)
Chris near Kansas City
Elite Tourer
Elite Tourer
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Chris near Kansas City »

I washed the OUTSIDE, not the inside, LOL.

Plus, that pic was taken a while back.
"You only live twice, or so it seems. One life for yourself and one for your dreams...." Nancy Sinatra

"If a man made it, a man can fix it." - Steve in Sunny Fla
Charlie from Illinois

Post by Charlie from Illinois »

I have mine in the same place as Chris. It works quite well. I just put silicone caulk on the bottom of the fuse block and let it dry. Holds it real good.

Return to “Tech Tips - Voyager XII (1200 Four)”