Couple of little camping trips planned.

Visited a nice place? Taken a great ride? Wonder where to go on your next ride? Check it out here!

Moderators: the2knights, Highway Rider

Okie34
Traveler
Traveler
Current bike(s): 94 Voyager XII
07 Daelim S2 250
06 CF Moto Fashion 250
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Couple of little camping trips planned.

Post by Okie34 »

My wife and I have a couple of little trips planned in the coming months.

Next week we are going to a Family Church Camp near Tahlequah, OK. We will be there for the better part of the week leaving on Friday. If anyone in the area wants to meet up and get a little ride time in while we are there. Just let me know.

September 14th, we will be headed out to Eureka Springs, AR and camping below Beaver Dam. There is a free Jazz Festival in Eureka Springs that weekend and we'll be going to that as well as toouring the town and getting a little ride time in. I may even break out the flyrod and get a little trut fishing in while we're there. Again, if anyone in the area wants to meet up or come along, we would be more than happy to have you.

Who knows? Might even be the beginnings of a new Chapter in the works?

-- JD
Okie34
Traveler
Traveler
Current bike(s): 94 Voyager XII
07 Daelim S2 250
06 CF Moto Fashion 250
Been liked: 0

Re: Couple of little camping trips planned.

Post by Okie34 »

Well, the Tahlequah trip is out of the way. It was a Church Camp, so I didn't get to do all the riding I wanted to. OMG it was HOT! :hot:

I could really only ride in the mornings and about 10:00 it started to heat up. I did get to Devil's Den SP over in Arkansas with a side trip to Prairie Grove Battle Field SP. Beautiful ride. One issue though. Fella on a Shadow 1100 lost it on a curve near Hogeye, AR. Bumped his head and bunged up his shoulder, but probably totalled the bike. I rolled up on this as he was still rolling in the street. The bike dropped off into a 4 foot deep culvert and couldn't see it from the road. One lucky guy as he could walk away from this one.

This certainly served to remind me that no matter how good we think our skills are, there's always something out there that will humble us in a hurry!

-- JD
Bruce in OK
Traveler
Traveler
Current bike(s): '01 VXII
'06 Vespa GTS 250
'02 Honda Elite 80
'99 Honda CB 250 Nighthawk
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Couple of little camping trips planned.

Post by Bruce in OK »

Thanks for the reminder. Better to hear about it than to experience it!
Bruce in OK
'01 VXII; '99 Honda CB 250 Nighthawk

Return to “Travel Reports, Ideas, Questions, Suggestions”